I Love Comments!

Monday, September 27, 2010

Miscellany Monday - 09/27/10

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters

One  My dance student that I think I told you about has started eating.  So glad that she has finally come out of this!  Maybe she can come home soon, it's only been 2 months!

Two  Dance class tonight....wow I sure hope my body starts to adjust to this.....or it gets easier one.  How did I do it as a teenager.

Three Anyone know a good way to re-train a dog?  I have a rat terrier that's about to drive me up the wall. She is such a sweet dog, but seriously the midnight barking in the house has to stop!

Four Shopping for a truck is hard, why does it have to be so difficult to find something in your budget, and why is it so difficult for the sales people to understand that there is a reason we have picked a payment amount to stop at.  We didn't just imagine up that number!!!!  HELLO people there isn't a money tree in the back yard and I refuse to have a truck payment that would equal a house payment!

Five I just remembered last week how much I LOVE high school football. 

Six We just signed up for trash service pick up, they picked up for the first time this morning, and I must say it is nice not to have to worry about taking the garbage off!

Seven We were out driving around Saturday looking at trucks, and passed a family (mother, father very small child) standing at a stop light with a sign that said "Family needing help" So we went by Bojangles bought them an 8 piece chicken dinner and gave them some cash.  In the process we asked what church they attended, and they just so happened to say our church. After introducing ourselves, and telling them to find us on Sunday morning and we would see what the church could do to help with their power bill we left.  I've never seen them at church, but I don' go around looking at everyone either!  But I was a little disappointed that they were not there Sunday.  I sure hope that they were not just using the kid to play on heart strings....
I guess even if they did..that's their burden to carry..

Eight  I hope all you bloggy friends have a wonderful week!

5 comments:

Abramyan Avenue said...

When we got our dog years back he had a shock collar on to stop barking. I immediately took it off. I personally think its cruel. But to this day he does not bark inside. Outside is another story! And I don't want to discourage you about that family, but we had a friend who drove a taxi and he told us that every evening he would pick up one of guys who stands on the corner and begs and he would take him to.....the bank! To deposit all the cash he received that day. He said it usually averaged a couple hundred a day. To me that's disgusting. I've seen families with their children out there. I have a few opinions on it but I'm keeping those to myself. I don't think children should be exposed to that. Nevertheless you did the right thing in the end. And hopefully you will see them at church one day. Hopefully you will have encouraged them! That would be a blessing!

The Undomestic Mom said...

our old dog barked/cried all through the night from the time he was a puppy until he was old...we could never figure it out! haha Ben has recently looked for a new truck and they are so proud of them! We were shocked!

Katie @ Miss Klohn's Classroom said...

Stopping by from Carissa...I played along too. I too love high school football!

Amber said...

Re-train a dog. Ha! If you learn how please let me know because I have two boxers in need of some retraining as well!

What a blessing you were to that family Saturday. Maybe their current situation made it difficult to attend on Sunday - I just try to believe the best and trust God for the rest. In this day and age where everyone is working some angle, that's all you can really do. But you treated them with the love of Christ and that's such a great witness!

Rachel said...

Sorry about the truck shopping thing!

And dance class... I'm still jealous!