I Love Comments!

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

True Story Tuesday!



Today is True Story Tuesday, and of course I am late posting!  If you want to read up on some true stories link up with Rachel & Mr. Daddy!


Last week I think I told you all that my husband found a job working out of town. He is staying away during the week and returning home on the weekends.  It's not that far, only about an hour or so away, but still when you are accustomed to having your honey home, it's a big change.  When he is away we are all a little on edge.  Cam stays home during the day, by little brother lives next door and the Drug Enforcement Division of the local Police Department is across the street, so there isn't much to worry about.  Add to those factors one large rottweiler and he's pretty safe.  My mom's office is also 2 doors down.

Anyway, when my hubby is out of town the rottweiler is quite aggressive, so we don't worry about anyone coming up in our yard.  When Cam is home alone he often brings the dog inside as he did on Tuesday of last week.  He was in the laundry room (because I make he do laundry while he is home alone - I'm mean like that) putting clothes in the dryer a car pulled into our yard, and stopped behind our house.  So Cam grabbed his phone and called me.  This is a re-cap of our conversation:
Cam: Mommy - two people just pulled up in our yard.  they are driving a white 90's model Honda,  there is a black man and a black woman. 

Me: Okay - I'll call Memaw and have her run down there.

Cam: Mommy they are fighting in the car.  I'm scared

Me: (phone's in both ears - one has my mom - the other has Cam) Mom - go to the house someone is in our yard. Cam is scared  - Cam memaw is on the way

Cam: they are leaving - oh wait - the police is pulling in and making them stop

Me: okay - well everything is fine - Memaw will be right there

Cam: Mommy he is pulling his gun - I'm really scared, I don't want to be here anymore- please come get me - he has his gun, the guy in the Honda is out of the car

Me: I'm on the way!  Gotta go Benji (my boss)

When I got home, the Drug Enforcement Officer had his gun drawn on the guy in the car.  And my drive way was blocked.  My mom had Cameron in her car and was trying to watch the commotion without being noticed.

Before going out of town, my hubby asked the officers to watch out for my house - glad they did!

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Way to go police! And Cam is such a smart kid for being so aware and calm! I think he deserves ice cream!

He & Me + 3 said...

OMGosh that must have been scary for him. so glad it all turned out OK.
You have one smart child.
Thank you for the Birthday Wish...it has been a great day so far!

Rachel said...

OH MY LORD - that would have terrified me.

Bad enough that it happened at your home, but worse that your son was there.

I am sitting here just so grateful that your family was safe!

Seriously - I am still totally floored. I am so sorry!

The Undomestic Mom said...

how freaky!!!!!!! so glad everyone was safe!

Icy BC said...

I'm glad you are all safe! That's quite a scare!

Mr. Daddy said...

UUUHHHhMMMMmmmmmmm!!! you ever think about changing the name on your blog header??????

scary times..

so glad your child is safe, and sounds like you trained him well, and he is a credit to you and your hubby...

sarah and jim said...

WOW!! so glad you all are safe! What a smart boy! You are very lucky.

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh. I am having a flipping heart attack just reading it. How scary. SO glad that everything worked out ok! PHEW!

Toni said...

Bless his heart! How scary!!