I Love Comments!

Monday, June 7, 2010

It's time to start FLYing!

Several years ago I ran across this website.  At first I thought is was sort of stupid, but I signed up for the emails anyway because my house was in total CHOAS (can't have anyone over syndrome)!  I would cringe when someone would unexpectedly pull up in my yard and pray that they didn't ask to come in.  It was terrible.  I was never at home and laundry and dishes would constantly pile up, the dishwasher was always full of dishes that needed to be put away and the laundry that did get done was on the couch waiting to get folded/ironed/ put away.  We won't even discuss the bathroom!




I started with shining my sink and let me tell you what a difference that made.   You start by loading the dishwasher at night and running it before you go to bed.  The next morning when you get up, unload the clean dishes so that your dishwasher is empty.  For the rest of the day don't let anyone put anything in the sink, it must go in the dishwasher.  So your sink and counter top stays clean all day!  At bedtime turn the dishwasher on so that it will be ready to unload when you get up.  After following the Flylady for a couple of days, my house was CLEAN!  WOW I was amazed.  I used this tool for quite some time, and on  Saturday morning my day was completely free because the house was clean and there's no scheduled cleaning duty for the weekends!  That's family time!  No more spring cleaning because you do it a little each day. Even scrubbing the baseboards, you don't have to schedule a weekend to do it, it's already done! Then I hit a snag in my road, I started school and working full time.  The emails started piling up because I just didnt' have the time to read them everyday, and on the days that I did read them I was so tired I just skipped that day. I am not a SHE (stay home executive)  I work everyday!  So I blocked the list and decided that the hubby could keep the house clean for a while.

Now my house is in CHOAS again and I am starting today with a shiny sink and renewed email lists!  I am determined to make sure that when Cam comes up at the ballgame and asks if a friend can come over I don't have to say "No, the house is a mess".

Wish me luck as I start flying again!

7 comments:

Kelly said...

Good luck! I've been fluttering forever now. One day I'll catch on.

Michelle said...

Good luck to you! I know how just how difficult it is to maintain a clean home when one is busy every second of the day. I have three kids, ages 14, 9, and 6, and homeschool all three of them. Talk about clutter. The kids are finally taking more initiative now that they are getting older, but still it's a challenge to keep everything tidy when all day is spent working on lessons, and trying to figure out what to fix for dinner (especially when certain 6 and 9-year-olds have very different culinary tastes).

SITS visiting & blog following. Peace. :)

The Undomestic Mom said...

my house is always Choas!!!!! Im going to that website now!

beingzaraandzidan said...

stopping by from MBC. love ur blog. do visit me
I am sure gonna follow u & hope u do too as its fun to make new bloggy friends

Mama Hen said...

Hey there! I am here from MBC! Great blog! I am following you now. Come visit me at Mama's Little Chick.

Mama Hen
www.mamaslittlechick.com

Chelsea said...

Hi there! I'm now following and really enjoying your blog. Hope to see you around mine sometime!
Chelsea
http://vandylandmommy.blogspot.com

Marcia said...

Thanks for the tip! I'm gonna check out that website.
Marcia
www.agracefulllife.blogspot.com

P.S.-am I insane for having noticed your address reverses the m and i in simple? lol