I Love Comments!

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Just Once...

There were so many times I wish someone would have just said "STOP" to him.  Just once I wish someone would have stood up not for me.

When we were first married we lived in an apartment with very thin walls. These walls were so thin I could hear when the man next door would pee..yea that's thin.  Not once did anyone ever knock on the door during one of the fights.  Not once was the police called.  Not once did anything happen that would get me help.  I'm not saying that I took it, I faught back, but leaving was hard. And no matter how hard I fought back...I was only 98 pounds...he was 180...not much of a match.

I guess everyone thought that it was none of their business.  None of their concern.  They were right.  But just once I wish someone would have said "Stop" or "Leave her alone" or just simply called the cops...something I didn't have the courage to do.


If you are in a violent relationship, you are not alone.  You are not stuck! You can get out, there is help!

Please call the number below:
1-800-799-SAFE (7233)


1 comment:

Beth Zimmerman said...

I would have called, Kelly! At least I think I would have. I have stepped out (more than once) on the street or in public places and asked a woman if she wanted help. They always say no but at least I offer. I have told adults to stop, and threatened to call the police if they will not, when I felt they were endangering a child. And I have called the police more than once when some one is fighting on the street outside my house. It's not perfect ... but I can live with myself because I didn't do nothing!