I Love Comments!

Thursday, April 21, 2011

***Star Talent***

As you know this was our first competition of the season (my first competition in 15 or 16 years).  I must admit that my nerves were shot.  I was so nervous and scared.  The craziest thing scared me the most...

You know after you have a baby that your bladder is just not what it used to be right???  Well, before I had Cameron I had what is called a nervous/weak bladder.  Yep, when I get nervous I have to pee...but I have a weak bladder so it's always an emergency.  Not a "oh, I think I need the restroom" feeling, but an "I've got to find the restroom now" kinda of feeling.  Well since I had Cameron, it's more of an "OMG I gotta go" while I'm running down the hall kinda of feeling.  So my biggest fear was that I would pee on myself on stage in front of everyone.  Lame I know.


I didn't though...that's the good news :)

I was very nervous, I'm not sure if I were more nervous about the "Kool Aide" outfit or just getting up there and shaking my fat ass   butt.  Either way, I feel like I did okay, I'm the only one in the group that had not already competed this season in another dance, but all in all I think it went okay. 

Tap is the one dance that I thought that I would nail, but somehow I got confused, then my foot stuck in the paint and I lost my place....only once, and I wasnt' the only one so that is good..I guess :)

Lyrical I thought I had nailed, then I saw a picture and my leg developed out after everyone else but I will work on that as well...

Jazz, WOW...I nailed the dance, but the pictures ....well I will share a couple just please be nice :)

This is the Kool Aide costume I was telling you about.  I'm in the red on the end.  I'm trying to figure out why I don't have more material on the seat of my costume the chick in the gray...her butt is covered....mine is hanging out :(  not cool... (we were mouthing "in the pocket" right here...that's why the funny look on my face)




I am "Big Red" over on this end...the other red is behind the lady in the black...anyway..My pose was completely different two days before, but we had to do some changing and honestly I forgot what I was doing and drug something out at the last minute....yea...can you say AWKWARD???  I look so awkward in that pose...I felt awkward too....  LOL  at least I can laugh at myself...maybe next time I will hold my shoulders back and my head up.
And you can see that I am the one with the leg still bent here...but the movement wasn't over either...I was on a high releve once the develope was extended....

I can sit here in tear people apart for what they are or are not doing...a bent leg here, flat foot there, arms wrong, broken wrists...some people are not even doing the step at all....but the point is I had a blast, it was a lot of fun.  I wish I had more pictures, but honestly I didn't realize that we could take pictures/video.  Next time though I will have something more to show.

What I really got out of this was motivation :).  Motivation to look better, try harder and score better at the next competition.  Who knows maybe it will work.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Glad you had fun! That's the point (pointe?), right? :) I would be a mess of nerves. Congrats on not peeing onstage! :)

Heather said...

That is awesome. That takes guts to get up on stage. I am gald you had a good time.
(I too worry about peeing.)

Jessica said...

Congratulations, Kelly! You look great and I kind of like the costumes! Forget about any possible missteps and celebrate the fact that you did something big, something that most will never do in their lifetimes: You did something for yourself and faced your fears!

Anonymous said...

There is a lot of people in this world who spend so much time watching their health that they haven't the time to enjoy it.