I Love Comments!

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Thoughts over a good cup of coffee.

When I was growing up every Sunday afternoon we would go to my grandmothers house and  my mom, Aunt Maxine,Grandma and her sister Margaret would sit at the table and have a cup of coffee and talk.  Sometimes my uncles would join and sometimes they would play Uno.  I didn't realize what that cup of coffee meant until now that my grandmother is gone.

I sit and have my cup of coffee in the mornings and I think of my grandma.   How wonderful she was and how I wish I could share this cup of coffee with her at her kitchen table and just talk.



I don't say this with tears, I say it with a smile.  My grandmother lived a very long life.  I'm a very lucky girl to have had her for so long, she kept Cameron until he was 3 years old, and then he still visited her often.  He was 10 years old when she passed, just shy of 11.  He actually knew and will remember his great grandmother, I think that is awesome.

It's funny that a cup of coffee can mean so much don't you think?

Happy Wednesday to you!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is exactly how I feel every time I make candy - memories with my grandma. What a treasure.