I Love Comments!

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Dance....yes again

I so totally had a True Story Tuesday to write...the only problem is that it's not funny....it's just plain painful, and I just wasn't in the mood to write it or laugh about it.  So I've put off writing for the last few days trying to get into a better mood and frame of mind.  Here is my story....

We were at dance on Monday night, jazz class, and we were working on sit jumps.  Now I can do these, they are easy, and I can do them turning, easy too....the problem was not the jump or the turning jump it was the landing.  She wanted us to land on our right knee, the problem was my left knee wanted to go down.  I know you are expecting a picture of a bruised left knee......

This is a picture (taken on Tuesday morning..sorry for the red polish) of what just might be a broken big right toe!  Yes I landed on the toe...all of my weight (and it's a lot of weight too...) on the very tip of my big toe, the left foot never made it to the ground, I rolled back onto my butt (on top of  the right foot) and fell straight to the floor. My big toe was leaning behind my second toe when I pulled my shoe off.  Let me tell you the control it took for this grown woman not to cry right there in front of everyone!  It was awful. Excuse the ugly feet....what can I say....it is what it is!




 Now here is my toe Wednesday....






Maybe it's not broken, but when I left on Monday night it was not this straight..the top seemed to be pointing to the second toe.  I taped them together and it seems to have straighted out (of course that could just be the swelling).   Let me tell you these pictures look good compared to the way my toe actually looks and feels.
 
I know one day I told you all that I am a clumsy person....I told you I am a dancer (or at least I was) and you laughed....now you see just how dangerous that combination could be!  I'm just thankful that my butt has so much padding!  I could have crushed my foot!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

bless your heart, that really looks painful! I know how you feel though! I slipped and fell in the shower on Aug 4, fractured my right wrist (I'm right handed) and just got my cast off 2 weeks ago! I sure hope your little toe gets to feeling better real soon!

Jessica said...

Ouch! That looks like it hurt! I hope it's not broken (fingers crossed)! And, yay for butt padding. In spit of what my jeans may say, I am convinced that it (the extra padding) is there for that reason!
-Jessica

Rachel said...

I am so sorry! I am wincing at the pictures because I know that as soon as you hurt a toe, EVERYTHING bumps into it.

I've had similar injuries (but not with a good excuse like DANCING), and I hope that you'll feel much better soon!